Monday, August 10, 2015

August 10, 2015

          What a day! Had to go to Pahrump (75 miles one way), see about insurance (still no answer). Get some medication and shopping. It tired Riley as bad as it did me, not to mention sticker shock for him. Since he never really did the shopping is was a whole new world for him.
           The pharmacy wanted us to come back tomorrow to pick up the meds. We kept telling him we didn't live in Pahrump, live in Beatty, you understand Beatty?? After about the 4th time Riley chimed in and took care of it. LOL We came back after grocery shopping and there it was. All $300.00 of it. The good news is we did save about $200.00 on a prescription card. Thank goodness!
            Had to take the heavy duty pain pills today. Don't know if it is stress, or just getting tired easily when we are out and about. I try very hard not to take them, but it was just one of those days.
           I used one of those motorized carts today for the first time. Riley walked behind me, then decided it was safer in front of me, then settled for definitely behind me again. I don't think he felt very safe with me behind the wheel. And rightly so! Another lady was not watching where she was going, (in a hurry I suppose) and yup, we crashed. So, after the initial embarrassment, she laughed, I laughed and we exchanged apologies. I did notice though, if she was going to go down the same isle I was in she backed out and went to the next.  Ugh, guess I need shopping cart lessons.
            So to all my friends and family, I am home now, safe and sound. Very tired and sore, but home. Hope to find out about insurance within the next few days so I can start Chemo Therapy Treatments. I have this thing handled and all will be good.

5 comments:

  1. I would walk behind you too! But then again I suppose the worst you could do is wind up in Carson City when your trying to go to Sacramento. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that was a fun mistake! What a great memory! Ummm you will never let me forget that will you LOL


      Delete
  2. Want you to know I am praying for you my Dear Friend and so is my family. Take care of yourself and stop feeling guilty about others caring for you. They all do it because they love you and know how precious you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet, I will take care of this and be back to to form soon. I know that I am not alone and that makes this much easier. Thank you my Friend.

      Delete