Saturday, August 8, 2015

August 5, 2015



What a day! Up, down, up, down. Roller coaster day. Got up and had shopping list in hand, very optimistic about going to town, seeing Riley's Doctor, doing some shopping and seeing Carrie for coffee. Yup, this is going to be a good day, pain pills down (feeling pretty good). And here we go.
                The ride into Las Vegas went well, just chatting with Riley and reading my book on the way. It is 150 mile ride, then navigating Las Vegas YIKES! First stop was at a Mall clear across town. I had ordered some Hanes bras online and being the precise person that I am, got them too small around and too big in the cup. Even though we thought it was pretty close it was quite a walk. Had to stop once to catch my breath, inhaler didn't do a thing for me. The experience in the store was confusing. Did get a couple exchanged and brought the rest back. The warehouse wanted me to reorder and repay before they would ship new ones. I think not! Already paid for, it is just that the store didn't have enough to exchange. Shame on you Hanes for not backing your store and products.
                Got to the Veteran's Hospital and walked (felt like 3 blocks) to get to Riley's appointment, but I was already tired. Had to stop twice to catch my breath, think it was the heat but we made it. Riley is doing really good, all tests came back good, see you in 6 months. Loved that! When we went back to the car (Wouldn't you know it!) we used the exit close to his doctors office and there was the car! We had walked all around the hospital going in when we could have went a very short distance from the car. Oh well, needed the exercise anyway.
                Well, by now I can tell you I am really exhausted, cranky, hungry and I hurt! Maybe it was not such a good idea to try to do all of this. Need to go to Mike and Carrie's for coffee, find something to eat, oh boy. We drove around Las Vegas, can't remember how to get there. I called Carrie and she wasn't sure where we were and of course being the sweet person that I am I got snarky with her. Sorry Carrie, Moms just not herself today. Missed an important call about insurance and so to add to misery, I'm very upset. Then I called Michael and he laughed at us about it, well, that didn't help my mood any. LOL Poor kids, they kind of got Mothers wrath and didn't deserve it at all. Sooooooooo, we finally get there, Michael is waiting for us and we go in for coffee. Oh it tasted so good. Needed that. Received a phone call about the insurance while I was there and was able to take it calmly. Will know Monday what is going on. The young lady was very nice and said she will work with me on this. So, calming down and feeling better. There is still hope.
                Stopped by Sunrise Hospital, Riley and I wanted to say thank you to the nurses on the 5th floor while I was there. I felt so spoiled (even will all the tests!). Nurses need to see that what they do does make a difference more than just physically. Thank you Ladies.
                Well, so much for shopping for groceries, we decided just to go home. So, another 150 miles homes, exhausted and not doing so well.  Finally home, relax, breath, and off to bed. What a day. I will try to get comfortable and call it a day. Nothing planned for tomorrow so maybe I can recoup then.
               

No comments:

Post a Comment