Wednesday, August 12, 2015

August 12, 2015

        What a confusing day! Sometimes I wonder about the paperwork involved with insurance just to get something done. I know there is something I am missing here, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. It takes at least 10 people to work on the application and no one knows what the others are doing, and in the meantime, women like myself just sit and wait. I don't think anyone told them that Cancer does not sit and wait for them. But such is life I guess.
         Ok, whining over, anyway, I called to find out where I was with the application so I could get my initial consultation in Las Vegas. Could not get through and when I did could not get connected with my case worker (or the person supposed to be working on it.) So, I called the original company that applied for me from the Hospital. Then things started rolling.
         Dawn called back and said that I needed to get a confirmation appointment (wanted to make sure I had Cancer and was just not saying that!) LOL Called the "Womens Health Network" and they said I had to make out a new application, that I should have called them to begin with. NOW THEY TELL ME! Why does no one tell people these things. I mean, it is not like this happens to us everyday and we know what to do for pete's sake!
          Anyway, got through to them, talked and was told to call the clinic (phone no. given) ok, take a deep breath. Called to make an appointment with their doctor so he could agree with my doctor so they could fill out an application like the first one so that they could send it to the same place as the first one to get insurance in about 10 days. (Did you say that fast without a breath? You can breath now.)
         I feel like I am playing musical doctors and applications. If I wasn't already guaranteed that all my hair was coming out I would pull it out in frustration! Thank you Obama Care for making things so much easier.
         Other than that it has been a pretty good day. Although I must admit it is rather pathetic when I fold some clothes that Riley washed and feel like I accomplished something. But I guess that's as good as it's going to get for awhile. I feel so bad for Riley, he is really trying hard and very tired doing the work of two.
          Took advise I was given to take the real pain pills on schedule, yup, they were right. Have held all the pain at tolerable today. I think I will work on my next book in the next few days. That should keep me busy and be productive at the same time. Yup, sounds like a plan to me.

2 comments:

  1. Aunt Suzy!! I JUST Found Your Note on FaceBook about This Blog, and I JUST Read ALL of Your Great Entries!! First of All, I am So Sorry that You're Going through All of This Cancer Mess!! I'm Sorry You are Having to Deal with all of this at All!! It Seems to be the Bane of Our Family!! ~ As You Know, Mom had Lymphoma Cancer. Aunt MaryAnn had Leukemia Cancer. And I Know Quite a Few Others of Our Family have Dealt with Various Kinds of Cancer!! And I Know You're Aware that I had BOTH Brain Cancer AND Spinal Cancer!! And, Thankfully, I'm 5 Years in Remission from the Brain Cancer, and almost 4 Years in Remission from the Spinal Cancer!! This Insidious Disease CAN be Beaten!! ~ I was So Touched by Your Beautiful Positive Attitude and Sense of Humor!! I am SO Familiar with ALL of the Things You Mentioned Going through!!! The Nasty Drink for having the Scans, the Myriads of Scans and Tests You have to Go through, the Guilty Feelings of Having to Rely on my Loving Husband and Family Members & Friends to Help pick up the Slack!! I Remember the Insurance Nightmares, the Endless Paper-Work, and the RollerCoaster of Emotions & the Incredible Gamut of Feelings that Bombard You, not just Daily, but Moment by Moment!! ~ I LOVE YOU, Aunt Suzy!! NEVER Quit Relying on God to Give You Strength!! And ... NEVER GIVE UP!!!
    Love You Aunt Suzy and Uncle Riley!!
    Your Judy and Family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear sweet Judy, I learned a lot from your note, I never realized you had Brain Cancer, I thought it was a tumor and I surely didn't know you had Spinal Cancer. Thank God you are in remission. You have given me such extra hope, now I know without a doubt it can be beaten. And no, I will never quite relying on God, he is my strength. You know you are always in my prayers.
      Love you bunches

      Delete